Thoughts,Songs,Writings,Rants,Encouragements, and Life

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Stars

"Look up to the heavens it is there that you may find a glimpse of home."-Me



Strategic Withdrawal. A quote from David James Duncan-My story as told by water.

"when I am lost, God help me get more lost. Help me lose me so completely that nothing remains but the primordial peace and originality that keep creating and sustaining this blood-, tear-and love-worthy world that's never lost for an instant save by insufficiently lost me."
"We're all in the gutter," said Oscar Wilde in the throes of just such a withdrawal,"but some of us are looking at the stars"
strategic withdrawal:
look at the stars.


Please not: Withdrawal is usually the term used to define one who is coming out of drug abuse or an addiction to drugs, here that is not the case. It is talking about withdrawal from a world where we find ourselves dependent on so many unnecessary things.

I find hope in the words above. I cannot place the whole entirety of the passage on here, but know this, I had an AWE moment after I read those words. the reason is because I truly miss my intended home with My Creator King. I long for it, I am connected to it, my souls beats for it. I have multiple withdrawals weekly from this addictive world. I take a few moments and stare up at the night sky and dream. I find myself lost and at peace and oddly enough a little closer to home. I find that I am closer to God when I look at the heavens and yet so small in the grand scheme of things. I find that worship screams out of my lungs much richer and brighter when I look at the stars. And as Jon Foreman put it so perfectly, "When I look at the stars I feel like myself."

I don't know about you, but where or what is the place or thing that you can retreat to and connect with home again? Where is that special trysting place that you secretly long for and pine for? Where do you feel like yourself?

Check out this site: Astronomy Picture of the Day. Might help you find yourself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dean Christensen said...

For me? Standing in a stream tossing flies to trout.

8:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home