Thoughts,Songs,Writings,Rants,Encouragements, and Life

Monday, May 15, 2006

Klemtu 2006

Dear friends and family,

It’s time to go exploring again, but first let’s go on a little journey to the past…

Five years ago I had the opportunity to go on a short trip to Klemtu, B.C. On that trip I was able to build relationships with the locals. The trip was centered around gaining trust and spending our days hanging out with the students of Klemtu. This is something that I have always enjoyed doing. My heart and passion are to see God’s children knowing Him and then making Him known.

Klemtu is where I met Brandon, a basketball loving guy like me. Brandon and I spent many hours in the day and night talking and building a friendship. I never got the chance to share Christ with him verbally, but I know Christ was seen by Brandon. When it was time to leave Klemtu, Brandon told me I had to come back. And I told him I would try to come back as soon as possible. Then he handed me his only pair of sunglasses and told me to give them back to him when I came back again.

Five years later I still have the sunglasses. I have fond memories of Brandon and many other Klemtu students. And this year I have once more an opportunity to build upon those relationships I began so long ago. I will be apart of a team of about 27 people going to Klemtu this summer. 14 high schoolers, 8 adults, and 5 children will be journeying to Klemtu July 28th-August 11th. We will be running a Marriage conference and once more doing Kids club, and there may be a new ministry this year to the jr high/ high school students.

My role on this trip will be to build upon past relationships. Make new friends. Share Christ love to a hurting community. And keep a few High school students in line. It’s the keeping the students in line that I am most looking forward to. I long to see the youth of today passionate about sharing Christ with the rest of the world. What a great opportunity to encourage and grow the gifts of these students. What a great opportunity to see Christ moving forward because of a handful of amazing students.

Will you join with me on this wonderful experience? Will you pray for our Klemtu team this summer? Will you pray for the hurting community of Klemtu? Will you possibly financially support me or other individuals on this team? I would like to challenge you to do so. I would like to join with you in proclaiming Christ to the broken and abused people of this world…the question is will you say YES?

If you would like to pray for me, I will be giving prayer updates between now and until the end of the trip. I would love to have you involved in this way. For we know that nothing can be done without the will of God and the prayers of his people.

As for the financial side of things. This year each member of the Klemtu team has been asked to raise $1,000 for the trip. I pay $333 out of my pocket, but the other portion has to come from you. If you would like to support me, please send a check or cash donation to:
Village Baptist Church
330 SW Murray Blvd
Beaverton OR
Attn: Benjamin Christensen

All monies should be above and beyond your normal tithe offerings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home