Thoughts,Songs,Writings,Rants,Encouragements, and Life

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are!

"Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!"



A few weeks ago my wife and I went to see this film. I have loved Maurice Sendak's "Where the Wild Things Are," since I was a little boy. I recently went and bought the book, then actually gave it as a gift to one of my nephews for his birthday. I love the imagination, the artwork, the simplicity, and the dreaming that makes up the book. Naturally I HAD to go see the movie. I bought the soundtrack. Read the book every single time I was over at my nephews house, and watched the previews multiple times. Needless to say I was stoked about this film. And the film would not disappoint. I enjoyed the film from beginning to end. I was taken away from this world and into a beautiful new one. Many thanks to Spike Jonze for this short masterpiece. I really don't want to spoil anything for you readers though, so no real review here, just go and see it. Do not however take your kids...that means anyone under oh, sixteen. They will hate this film, or not get it, or really just want to walk out. This is NOT a children s film, it is a film for adults to remember what it was like to be a kid again. It might also be a film used in the future to understand children s behaviors after divorce. In all honesty this film teases with your soul and messes up your insides, you feel like you are on a roller coaster ride and the adventure is new, exciting, scary, and yet it feels just like home...home where Max, the main character, ends up in the end with his hot dinner.

Also if you like all things "Wild", check out this cool site Terrible Yellow Eyes. Basically some awesome artists paying tribute to a classic children s tale!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home