Thoughts,Songs,Writings,Rants,Encouragements, and Life

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Vinyl Treasure Of The Week

As some of you know my wife and I recently purchased a turntable. (Doug Hanks album was the first to be spun)



In the past few weeks I have assembled a pretty good collection of Vinyl. And since I frequent the record shop every so often now, spending a little bit of my tip money, I have decided to put up a feature here on a semi-random basis called: The Vinyl Treasure Of The Week.

This weeks treasure is none other than David Bazan's cover of Leonard Cohen's-Hallelujah. I have to say I have been looking for this a while now and on Saturday afternoon at my local record shop, during the national record day sale, I was given this little gem for FREE. Yup, all I had to do was purchase a few things and I was handed a grip of cool singles. Imagine my surprise when flipping through the free vinyl and finding David Bazan staring back up at me. This sight literally made my day.



For those of you who don't know me well, Mr. Bazan and his other band Pedro The Lion were one of my favorite bands in high school. Bazan has always been one to push the limits and make me question a ton of things in my daily living. His "Whole" Ep rocked my world over and over. Over time I have snatched up every little piece of his work I could find. (Recently this has come to include vinyl additions as well, by the way "Curse Your Branches" is a wonderful thought provoking album)And now here in front of me sat this exciting new piece of joy to add to my little collection of Bazan. I was stoked.

Bazan has made a few turns on the table the past few days and I must say I am loving every single minute of it. Here's to many more Vinyl Treasure's of the week. CHEERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home