Thoughts,Songs,Writings,Rants,Encouragements, and Life

Thursday, July 21, 2005

As the artist's gather


" the role of the artist is exactly the same as the role of the lover. if I love you, I have to make you conscious of the things you don't see." -James Baldwin

All the artists gather round
To reflect upon the day
Paint us your pictures and sing us your songs
Compose for us your notes and words so strong
Find the perfect line, for the perfect role
Write for us poems to soothe the soul
But most of all, bring us something
That we’ve been looking for
Yes, my friends a pathway to the Lord
For it is through your art we sometimes find him
We are let into his great and wondrous world
But do not be mistaken, for He is and was
The greatest artist of all time

And so I offer this:


I have finally found my place
Within the symphony of Faith
A fine tuned instrument
On which my Heavenly Father plays

And now my heart does know
How this story is to be told
A walking monologue
The supporting character in the show

And how life is a mystery
But you have let me be
A well-placed stroke
In this your lifelong masterpiece

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home