Thoughts,Songs,Writings,Rants,Encouragements, and Life

Friday, February 03, 2006

Aching for Home


















I woke up this morning (28th) and watched the Blazers win.

At 11:15 I have a dentist appointment to put the crown on my right, lower two, back teeth. All my bags are pack…I’m ready to go. And man! are they heavy. Hope that doesn’t pose a problem later…

Leah, drove me out to the dentist. She had some shopping to do close by. Samire (dentist name) literally popped the crown on and cemented it in, in about 5 minutes. Soon I was getting last instructions on caring for my teeth, a handshake and “make sure you go for a six month checkup!”…

Leah and I went shopping for a little while. I bought some new shirts for Gujarat! Man do I feel spiffy. I also bought a little something for my 7th and 10th grade boys at home. I miss them all so much. Can’t wait to hang with you all.

In the afternoon, Leah and I finished the fourth season of Gilmore Girls. We watched all four season in about 2 week’s time. I am now addicted to the show! Rumor has it Kristen has season 5 in Gujarat. (I have now seen this and know it to be true.)

I don’t think I have ever been this nervous for a plane flight. I was literally sweating in the air conditioned car. The main thing was the luggage. I went to check my luggage and of course the two big suitcases combined are 32kg overweight. Luckily I didn’t have to pay a 2,800 rupee charge, because the Spott’s were with me and only had ONE suitcase. Problem solved. Praise God.

The flight was a relaxing one. I have never flown this airline before. The seats are pleather, spacious, and they served us Subway for dinner. Oh yeah, the fire escape row was awesome. I could stretch my legs out completely and not even touch the seat in front of me! How rad is that???

We got to the airport in Gujarat (I know you have all been patiently waiting for this part) and new emotions hit me. I had just gotten some closure in Hyderabad, but now I was to open up a whole new can of emotions in Gujarat. “This is hard.” Anyways, we grabbed the luggage and began walking outside. Leah and the kids had gone ahead to see Kevin. The Spott’s and I came out a little later. I approached Kevin with a smile of relief. We hugged and said, “It’s good to see you.”

Then Kevin said, “We’re almost ready to go, we’re just waiting for one more person.” It was at this point all the dots connected and I knew that my father was here and standing beside me.

Shock…trying to drop luggage quick enough…”hello”…hug (not yer typical guy hug)…tears…joy!!!

I have wanted this to happen all year long. And I am so excited and grateful to get to share these last few days in India with my father. Thank you all for this wonderful surprise. Thank you for your support, encouragement, and prayers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been waiting to hear that story. Sameer (dentist) says hi, and that he misses your wonderful teeth. Wants to know how you are doing? Are you brushing & flossing???

I miss you.

Me

10:06 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

welcome home guy! wanna play some ball still or just get together and eat some fizzle?

1:41 AM

 
Blogger Jenn Sanders said...

You need to come over for dinner Benny!
We miss you!!!!!

8:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home