Thoughts,Songs,Writings,Rants,Encouragements, and Life

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Father Son Retreat

This years father son retreat was one of my favorites. Even though my father has not joined me on this retreat in four years it is still an amazing experience. I consider most of the dads that attend pretty much another fahter figure in my life.

Anyways. This year up at Camp Tadmor there was a foot of snow to greet us fahters and sons. Aaron Watts and I fished pretty much immediately after we arrived at camp. It was one of the most beautiful moments I have ever fished in. The snow was falling reasonably hard as we were both hitting fish pretty quickly, catch and release of course.

This year I had more fun fishing, shooting, b-balling, goofing off, Settlers, and just hanging with the sons and dads than I think I ever have before. It might have something to do with the fact that I had missed last year and had somewhat forgotten how wonderful this experience is.

I look forward to one day bringing my son to this little weekend. And him hopefully having some great friends like I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home