Thoughts,Songs,Writings,Rants,Encouragements, and Life

Monday, February 20, 2006

In Flight Movies

Okay, so on my recent trip home to Oregon from Singapore, I got to see a grip of good movies. Here is the list and a little blurb about each one...I recommend them all.


Walk the Line:
This movie was excellent. Phoenix and Witherspoon are absolutely brilliant together. I laughed, sang along, gasped, cringed, and even cried watching this movie. I do believe however that the movie ended WAY to soon. It would have been nice to see the entire Cash story, not just the crappy side of his life. Perhaps we petition and get them to make a sequal...Chant with me now...sequal sequal sequal...


The Greatest Game ever Played:
Shia LaBeouf brings this story to life. His perfomance is one to remember for a while. I usually would not be one to front a golf movie or anything having to do with the sport, but this movie has to be seen. And when you see it, you will fall in love with the characters and just possibly the game of golf as well. There are many great perfomances in this movie and only a few lackluster players. I honestly had tears streaming from my blue eyes as the credits rolled. Touching and inspiring are the two words that come to mind.

Pride and Prejudice:
One word...Kiera Knightley is: Hot! Kidding. What a great flick. Although this is definately a lopsided win for best chick flick of the year, I still enjjoyed almost every breathtaking moment of the movie. Donald Sutherland made me laugh pretty hard a few times in this movie, he has come a long way since "Kelly's Heros". Honestly and to be completely blunt, this movie didn't do much for me. The shots were magnificant. The actors, pretty darn good. And yet I am not sure that the movie gives the book any inkling of justice at all. Some may be disagreeing right now...that's fine...I am not here to win friends...I am here to state my ever prideful opinion.

The Myth:
Jackie Chan starred in and directed this film. I thouroughly enjoyed this film. Fun and light entertainment. Nothing is going to jump out at you and make you say, "Wow what a great film, never saw that move before!" I personally enjoyed the parts that were done in India. There is an indian actress in the film to, but I can't remember her name at the moment. Overall...if you have a little time to spare and don't mind reading subtitles (accept the parts shot with the Indian actors), I think you just might enjoy this movie.


That's all for this weeks movie review. I hope to see a few more here in the next month or so...

Check back soon

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

welcome back! walk the ine was good and yes i have heard a sequel is in the works. but ill have to disagree with you on the keira knightley thing. she has to do something about those eyebrows. ugh.

11:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mallika Sherawat - is the name of the Indian Actress.
Really wanna see Walk the Line - hope it comes to India!
Thanks for all the movie info - just realised I'm going home for 2 weeks on Monday - that's 2 plane rides of movies - Yeah!!

Me

8:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home