Thoughts,Songs,Writings,Rants,Encouragements, and Life

Monday, February 27, 2006

Wedding crasher

One of my friends is getting married this summer. And he has chosen all of his groomsmen. But there is a problem. I am not even sure that this friend is aware of the problem though. You see one of the dudes he has chosen to be his groomsmen is not on board with this wedding. In fact he very blantantly is against it. He has even said that once the wedding is over, he and this friend of mine will no longer be friends.

So here is my issue with this. They both are friends. Have been for a very long time. And yet I believe they are both slipping away from the friends they used to be. But as a groomsmen you are publicly saying I agree with this wedding. I believe in my two friends getting married. And I am fully supportive of this marriage. But this one friend is not supportive at all, in fact he is pretty much jealous of this wedding (in my opinion).

So what do I do? Do I tell my buddy who is getting married about his unsupportive friend? Do I confront the unsupportive friend?(this I have tried to do a little bit) Or do I sit back and watch this bomb ignite, light, and go off in the next couple of months...


HMMM...

Wedding crashers!!! Hate em'

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain with the wedding situation. I don't have that exact situation going on, but some things similar. It is all very confusing. I actually wrote a post on my blog last week addressing some similar issues. I would say just pray for guidance.

3:47 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

it seems like preventative action would be the lesser of the two evils.

11:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes - coming from someone getting married this summer I would say sharing with your friend getting married is the best option. It wont be easy - could make things harder - but I know I would want someone to share with me this kind of situation.
Your right that those groomsman choosen to stand in front are standing in visual support of the wedding...
It wont be easy but honesty is the best policy.

10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home