Thoughts,Songs,Writings,Rants,Encouragements, and Life

Saturday, March 25, 2006

The genuis of Springsteen


When I was a little boy, the only rock and roll I knew was what my parents gave me and the shows I would go to of my fathers band. I had a couple records that I played endlessly. Some with stars such as James and Livingston Taylor, Billy Joel, and Bruce Springsteen.

Until just a few years ago...all I had understood or heard of springsteen was his cover of "Santa Clause is coming to town." I was in love with the very first spin. I knew this guy was a rocker...just didn't know how great until a few nights ago.

Am I a late bloomer on the Springsteen bandwagon? No. Just wasn't interested in the Boss until I watched his Vh1 Story Tellers for the second time.

The show was brilliant. All the thoughts and story behind each song. Him and the piano or acoustic guitar...Rocking!

I believe that the artist is purest when they are stripped down to nothing but them and the instrument they were born to be "one" with.

Bruce was one with his guitar that night. Bruce let us into his world. WE (the audience) felt as if we were truly welcomed into His world, if only for a moment.

I have a new respect for the Boss. I have a new respect for all that wonderful Rock n' Roll music from the 70's and early early 80's.

Thanks Bruce

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

har har.

8:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home